Sunday, September 25, 2011

{ his good, pleasing & perfect will }

Reading my bible, blogging and listening to Shawn McDonald at Starbucks - what a perfect way to start off my Sunday morning. As I sip my coffee and flip through pages of scripture, I can't help but love life. As each new day comes, I think about my life and what God has planned for me. Lately I've had the future on my mind. How will my current relationships work out? What will I be doing five, ten, twenty years from now? I'm not sure. But what I do know is that I am ready to surrender my goals, ambitions, relationships and live each day according to His will. Last week at LLA, (live life alive - the Christian club at my school, led by one of my friends, Maggie), we talked about Philippians, specifically Philippians 3 & 4. Paul (who wrote Philippians), was a crazy, but amazing guy. His life revolved around God. And he lived each and every day according to the will of Jesus Christ. He was in prison while he wrote this book, yet he still had so much hope and faith in God. And he never doubted that God had a plan for him. { Ephesians 1: 8-9 } says : "...with all wisdom and understanding, He made known to us the mystery of His will according to His good pleasure, which He purposed in Christ." God will show us His will as the time draws near. His will is good, and pleasing. Me and my friend Jon were talking about God's will, and we talked about how absolutely incredible a life lived with God is. And our journey with our Maker is beautiful and INDESCRIBABLE. God surrounds us, He is everywhere. He is there on your best days, and your worst. When the rain falls, when the sun shines -God is present. So I ask myself, Am I going to sit back and live life like everyone else? Am I going to let each day pass, just waiting for my life to get going? Or am I going to take that leap of faith and lay my life down at the feet of Jesus? Living each day with hope and fullness. I don't know about you, but option two sounds like the life I want to lead. I choose to live a radical life according to His good, pleasing and perfect will.

With love, peace, happiness and hope,
rachel

------------------------

{ Romans 12:2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—His good, pleasing and perfect will. }

No comments:

Post a Comment